Curling your hair or pulling together an intricate chignon isn't always an option when you need to be at the office by 9 a.m., but you don’t have to spend a lot of time in the mornings on your hair to achieve a professional look. There are many hairstyle options worth trying out that won’t take more than a few minutes, so you can hit that snooze button once more without feeling guilty! These updos are also a great option if you don't have the time to wash your hair; just add a little dry shampoo or mousse to hide frizz and greasy roots perfectly.
Low Rolled Updo
- Tie your hair into a loose ponytail at the base of your neck.
- Pull the hair tie away from your head, then above the hair tie, separate your hair so there's a "hole" in the middle.
- Going over the top, pull your ponytail through the hole and out the bottom.
- Depending on your hair length, repeat once or twice until the entire ponytail is wrapped in the bun.
- You can pull a few strands loose to frame your face if you wish, then secure with bobby pins and hairspray.
All Wrapped Up
- Place an elastic headband on your head like a crown, on top of all your hair.
- Twist a few small strands of your hair and tuck them around the headband.
- Adjust the strands to make sure there are no gaps and secure with hairspray.
- Separate your hair into two sections and bring both sections over to one side of your head.
- Tie the two sections into a knot, then again into another knot.
- Secure with a clear elastic band and tease with a brush to create volume.
- Tie your hair into a high ponytail near the top of your head.
- Use a brush to tease your hair.
- Separate your hair into three sections, braid them together and secure with a hair tie.
- Slightly pull on each part of the braid to make it more voluminous.
- Wrap the braid around the base and secure with bobby pins and hairspray.
- Separate a small section of hair toward the front of your face.
- Split that section into three smaller sections and braid them together.
- Wrap the braid over the crown of your head and secure it with bobby pins.
- You can leave the rest of your hair as is, tie it into a ponytail, or twist into a simple bun.